This mouth watering ambode recipe is submitted by one of my best friend Poorna Shilpa. I have to tell you, she is a pretty lady and off course a wonderful cook. . Thanks poorna for sending me this wonderful recipe.
Sabakki / Sabudana / Tapioca - 1 cup
channa dal - 1 cup
Water 1-2 tbs
Salt - to taste
Green Chilly - 1-2 or per your taste
Ginger - 1/2 inch piece, chopped roughly.
Mint leaves or Pudina - 6-7 leaves
Fresh coriander leaves / Cilantro - handful, chopped finely.
Rice Flour - 2 Tbs
Oil for deep frying
- Soak Sabudana and channa dal separately for an hour or two.
- Grind channa dal with ginger, mint leaves and chillies with very little water. Make a thick dough like batter.
- Mix the ground mixture with soaked sabudana.
- Add salt, chopped cilantro and rice flour. (rice flour makes crispy ambode)
- Mix the mixture with spatula and keep it aside.
- Heat oil in a pan.
- Make a small ball from the thick dough like batter.
- Make it little flat by pressing between the palms.
- Once the oil is hot, deep fry both sides until browned and all the bubbles settles down in the oil.
- Keep the deep fried ambode in paper towel to absorb excessive oil.
- Serve warm with Coconut chutney or ketch up.