Yesterday we had a blast at roopa's house, played cards, Carrom. Even Arushi also had a wonderful time with Vidhu and Murari. It was Chats and Dinner party. Thank guys for organizing. This chocolate cake was one my entry for desert along with DahiVada. Everyone had prepared unique and delicious foods, we ate so much!. Must do some workouts today without fail!.
Here is what you need:
All purpose flour - 2-1/2 cups
Applesauce otherwise pureed apple - 2 cups
Sugar - 3/4 cup
Salt - 1/4 tbst
Baking powder - 1 tbs
Baking soda - 1/2 tbs
Ground cinnamon and cloves - 1 tbs
Ground flaxseed - 2Tbs
Raisins - 1 cup
Milk - 3/4 cup
Vanilla extract - 1 tbs ( You can prepare vanilla extract at home like this )
Apple cidar vinegar - 1tbs
Chocolate syrup - 1 cup
Chocolate chip - 3/4 cup
Water - 4Tbs
Butter or shortening - 1 stick melted or 1 cup at room temperature
- Preheat the oven to 400F .
- Mix all dry ingredients in a bowl and sift gently.
- Mix all wet ingredients together and add this to dry ingredients.
- Add the butter and mix well with spatula, until mixed well.
- Lightly brush or spray the baking dish with oil or butter.
- Pour the mixture into baking dish.
- Bake it for 30-35 minutes depending on the oven type.
- Check for doneness; toothpick or knife inserted near the center comes out clean.
- Serve cold.