Ingredients: (Measurements are very important to prepare this yum cake.)
Sour Cream - 1 cup
All purpose flour - 3 cups ( I used unbleached flour)
Eggs - 2 large
Unsalted butter - 1 stick at room temperature
Sugar - 1 cup
Baking powder - 1 tsp
Baking Soda - 1/4 tsp
Salt - 1/2 tsp
Walnut - 1/2 cup, chopped
Sugar - 1/2 cup
Vanilla extract - 2 tsp
Ground Cinnamon - 2 tsp
- Beat together butter, sugar and eggs. Whisk nicely until fluffy.
- In a separate bowl, mix together flour, baking soda, salt.
- Add this flour mixture to the creamy butter mixture.
- Mix it well.
- Turn on the oven to 350F.
- In a separate small bowl add the topping ingredients and mix it well.
- In a baking cake pan, either Grease or use the foil (I use foil as it will be easy to take the cake from the pan).
- Pour half of the batter to the pan, sprinkle the topping mixture and pour the rest of the batter on top of the topping. Top with rest of the toppings.
- Bake the cake for 30-40 minutes ( depending on the oven) . It took me 40 minutes to bake.
- From 30 minutes, check every 5 minutes. You know it is done when the knife inserted at the center comes out clean.
- Let it cool before serving.
- This will stay good for couple of days, if covered and refrigerated.
- This will be great addition to breakfast as it is not that sweet.