Chutney pudi : Garlic and Curry leaves chutney pudi (Powder)



Ingredients:
Putani- channa dal - 2 cups
Coriander seeds - 2 Tbs
Cumin - 2 Tbs
Dry Coconut flakes- 2 Cups
Curry leaves - Handful
Sugar - 1 tbs
Salt - 1 tbs or to taste
Tamarind - a little
Garlic  - 6-7 cloves



Method:
  • Roast channa dal, coriander seeds and cumin until the nice aroma comes out and dry powder it. Set aside
  • Roast coconut powder for 1-2 minutes stirring constantly until the flakes turns little red and set aside.
  • Fry the curry leaves until leaves gets dry.
  • Dry powder the coconut powder with curry leaves, garlic and tamarind.
  • Mix this with ground channa dal powder.
  • Add salt and sugar to taste and mix really well with hand or spatula.
  • Store it in a air tight container.
  • You can eat this with ghee or oil for dosa or idli.
  • You can store this for couple of weeks. Also you can store this pudi in freezer for many months.
  • Enjoy.
  • My mother in law gave me this delicious recipe and I am thankful to her. I call this as 'atte chutney pudi'.
Print Friendly and PDF
Share/Bookmark

2 comments:

ಮನಸಿನ ಮಾತುಗಳು said...

Hi Nivedita,

Loved your blog and the gorgeous pictures as well.

I have written this recipe in my recipe collection book. Would love to try this when I go home this time. Seems yummy!!
Keep posting..:-)

Eat Right said...

Hi Divya,
Thanks for stopping by and i am glad that you loved my recipe and photos. Please try this and let me know how it turned out. I would love to have your visits and fottprints in my blog journey.:)