Ingredients: (Serving size 4 adults)
Red lentils - 2 cups
Potato - 1 big pealed and cubed
Carrot - 1, chopped
Peas - 1/2 cups
Paneer - cubed (optional)
Corn - 1/2 cup
Onion - 1/2 cup, chopped
Cumin powder - 1 tbs
Lemon - 1 whole, zested and squeezed
Garlic and ginger paste - 1 tbs
Dried herbs like - parsley, oregano, marjoram.
Salt and pepper to taste
Oil or butter - 1 tbs
Water or broth
- Rinse the lentils, add 4 cups of water or broth, add a pinch of salt
- Pressure cook lentils and potato ahead of time.
- Once the lentils are cooled down,
- Heat oil or butter in a thick bottomed pan
- Add onion, garlic and ginger paste until translucent.
- Add other vegetables and saute it for a minute.
- Add the cooled down lentils and potato mix.
- Cook on a low flame
- Be sure to stirr frequently, otherwise lentils stuck to the bottom .
- Add the salt, pepper, dried herbs, cumin powder, cubed paneer if using.
- Add the lemon zest, and lemon juice.
- Give it a nice mix.
- And all set to eat.
- Roast a piece of bread and dip in the soup and enjoy!.