Ingredients: Serving size 2
Acorn squash - 1
Couscous - 1/2 cup
Onion - 1/4 cup chopped finely
Peas - 2 Tbs
Cheese - 2 Tbs
Oil - 1 tbs
Garlic - 1 clove minced
Honey - 2 Tbs
Salt and pepper to taste
Dry parsley - 1 tbs
- Cut the squash in middle and remove the seeds.
- Preheat the oven to 400F. Coat a baking sheet with nonstick cooking spray. Place the cut side down on a baking sheet. bake 35 minutes or until tender.
- Turn the squash cut side up and brush with honey; bake 10 minutes more.
- Meanwhile, in a medium pot bring 1 cup of water to boiling.
- Add couscous,lemon peel, salt and pepper; cook 8-10 minutes or until tender and all the water is absorbed.
- Add peas,onion, garlic, cheese and oil.
- Spoon couscous mixture into squash halves.
- Top with parsley
- Bake 5 more minutes and serve warm.