Since we eat eggs, I added egg to get extra protein. Eggs are totally optional.
Ground oats - 1 cup (Just grind the oats, or use the store brought oat flour)
All purpose flour - 3/4 cup
Baking Soda - 3/4 tsp
Baking Powder - 1 tsp
salt - 1/2 tsp
Egg - 1 (optional)
Milk - 1/4 cup
Chopped walnut - 1 cup
Cinnamon powder - 1 tsp
Sugar - 1 cup
Unsalted Butter - 1/2 stick
Mashed Banana - 1 big , use 2 if you not using egg as it keeps the muffins moist.
- Beat the egg nicely, Whisk together sugar and butter in a big bowl.
- In a separate bowl, add oats flour, all purpose flour, salt, Cinnamon powder baking powder and soda ; mix them.
- Add this dry ingredients to the egg mixture.
- Add the walnuts, milk and mashed banana. ( keep some walnuts to top the muffins)
- Stir all together until just combined.
- Sprinkle the rest of the walnuts on each muffin cups.
- Preheat the oven to 375F
- Grease or line up the muffins pan with the paper cups, spoon the batter to fill 3/4 the of the cups.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes until golden brown and a knife inserted comes out clean.