Health benefits of Brussels Sprouts:
The Brussels sprout is a cultivate in the Gemmifera group of cabbages (Brassica oleracea), grown for its edible buds. The leafy green vegetables are typically 2.5–4 cm (0.98–1.6 in) in diameter and look like miniature cabbages.
The fiber content of Brussels sprouts&mash;4 grams in every cup&mash;makes this cruciferous vegetable a natural choice for digestive system support. You're going to get half of your Daily Value for fiber from only 200 calories' worth of Brussels sprouts.
And more information here in WHfoods
Now to the Recipe :
Brussels sprouts - 1 pound
Salt and Pepper
Butter - 1 Tbs
Olive Oil - 1 Tbs
Dry dill or fresh dill -1 Tbs
celery salt - 1/4 tsp (optional)
Scallions - 2 string, chopped finely.
balsamic vinegar - 1/2 tsp
- Cut off the brown end of the Brussels sprouts and discard any loosen leaves.
- Cut Brussels sprouts in to 4 pieces.
- Steam the Brussels sprouts for 5 minutes. Do not overcook otherwise it looses its nutritional facts.
- Heat butter in pan , once the butter turns into brown; after about 2 1-2 minutes, add olive oil, dill, scallions.
- Add the steamed Brussels sprouts.
- Add salt and pepper, add the balsamic vinegar.
- Mix it thoroughly.
- And serve.