This is very delicious and filling food. Since vighnesh started to go to MBA school in the evening after office hour, he will not come home for dinner. So I am packing something very easy to eat and filling dinner for him. He said, this roti was very filling and easy for him to eat during break time at school. The other day I prepared paneer, red radish and cheese paratha. It was yum!. I will post the recipe soon.
Rice flour - 2-2/12 cups
1 big cucumber - washed and grated (do not remove the skin: It gives you more nutrients)
1 tomato - chopped finely
1 small onion - chopped finely
1/2 cup of finely chopped parsley or cilantro
Curry leaves chopped finely
Salt - to taste
Garam masala powder - 1 tbs
Mozzarella cheese - 1 cup
Pepper - 1/2 tbs ( I used less because Arushi won't eat spicy food)
Sugar - 1 tbs (optional)
Oil or Ghee - 2 tbs
- Add all the ingredients except rice flour in a big bowl.
- Stir couple of time to make sure all spices are evenly distributed.
- Now start adding rice flour while mixing in one hand.
- Do not add water.
- Kneed well to make a tough dough. Add more rice flour if required.
- Add oil or ghee and kneed well.
- Cover the dough and let it rest for 1/2 an hour or so.
- Heat a nonstick pan on a medium-high flame.
- Take a aluminum foil, apply oil on the side that you are going to make roti.
- Take a handful of dough and start pressing with the hand on the foil to make roti.
- Apply some oil to your hand to avoid dough sticking to your hand.
- You have to make this roti only with hand, It will very difficult or not possible from the rolling pin.
- Once the pan if hot, take the foil carefully placing your hand in the center. Carefully place the pressed roti side on the pan and use the flat spatula to carefully remove the foil from the roti.
- Drizzle little bit of oil, after a minute use the spatula to flip the roti carefully.
- Cook other side for a minute.
- Cook both side until browned.
- You can serve this roti with chutney like mango chutney or peanut chutney.
- You can eat this with Yogurt and Chutney powder or pickle.
- You can run the knife to cut into bite size pieces and eat just like that.