Ingredients: (Serves 2-3 people)
Russet Potato - 2
Leeks - 2
Bay leaves - 2
Vegetable broth - 2 cups or more
Salt and Pepper to taste
Parmesan cheese: grated - 1/2 cup
Unsalted butter - 1 Tbs
Garlic - 2 cloves
Corn starch - 1 tbs to thicken the soup
Heavy cream - 1/2 cup
Fresh parlsy chopped - handful
- Trim the green part of the leeks, use the white part. Clean the leeks with running water. ( you can save the green part to prepare broth).
- Peal the potato skin and chop roughly.
- In a large pot, add vegetable broth, potato, chopped leeks, bay leaves, salt garlic.
- Partially cover the pot and cook for about 15-20 minutes until the potato cooks nicely. Turn off the heat.
- Once it cooled slightly, grind them to make puree.
- Add dried thyme, pepper and heavy cream and bring it to boil again.
- Check for seasoning taste, adjust if required.
- Just before serving add chopped parsley and serve.