Ingredients: Serving size 2 adults
Star fruit - 1 big
Jaggari / brown sugar- 2 tbs
Salt - 1/2 tbs or to taste
Water - 11/2 cup
Mustard seeds - 1/2 tbs
Curry leaves - 2-3
Urad dal - 1 tbs
Red chilly - 2
Oil - 2 tbs
Asafitida or Hing - a pinch
Turmeric - 1/4 tbs
- Wash the star fruit and chop roughly.
- Boil with 1/2 cup of water, salt and jaggari.
- Mash them, add more water to bring it to the rasam consistency.
- Check for salt and sweet, add more if required.
- Heat oil in a small pan for tempering.
- Add all tempering ingredients.
- Once the mustard seeds starts to splatter, add this to the mashed star fruit mixture and cover it with the plate immediately to preserve the nice tempering aroma.
- Serve with rice or you can drink just like that. Tastes amazing.