I liked Sushi rice (Japanese rice), because of it's small, cute texture and it retains the shape even after cooking. For yesterday's Apple picking and potluck I prepared this pudding and it turned it delicious.
I prepare this Pudding or payasa in two different ways, both ways, payasa turns out great, give it a try.
Japanese rice or any other rice of your choice. - 1/2 cup
Coconut milk - 1 cup
Cow Milk pr Soy milk - 11/2 cup
Water - 1 cup or as needed
Sugar - 1/2 cup
Honey - 2-3 Tbs
Fresh ground cardamom - 1 tbs
Raisins - 2 Tbs
- Rinse the rice and cook with water. Check for water consistency, if it becomes too thick, you may want to add little water but do not overdo.
- Once the rice are cooked, add coconut milk and milk.
- Bring it to boil, stirring every now and then. Be careful, it will get stuck to the bottom.
- Add sugar and honey.
- Add ground cardamom and mix well.
- On a medium heat keep stirring for 10 minutes.
- Turn off the heat.
- Serve warm or chilled.
Rice - 1/2 cup
Milk - 2 cups
Water -1 cup
Jagari or brown sugar or Sugar - 3/4 cup
Steps are same as the Method 1, only you will not be adding coconut milk and honey but both tastes yummy. Enjoy.