Durum atta flour or whole wheat flour - 4 cups
Salt - 1 tbs
Sugar - 1 tbs (optional)
Oil - 1 tbs
Warm water - 1 cup or as needed
Firm tofu - 1 block (11/2 cups scrambled tofu)
Chat masala - 1/2 tbs
Chilly powder - 1/4 tbs or to taste
Salt - 1/2 tbs
Turmeric - 1/2 tbs
Coriander and Cumin powder - 1/2 tbs each
Fresh Ccoriander leaves - handful, finely chopped
Onion - 1/2 cup finely chopped
- Add all the dough ingredients in a big bowl and knead very well. Make a chapathi dough.
- Cover it with lightly wet kitchen towel and let it rest for half an hour.
- Meanwhile, prepare stuffing.
- Take out as much as water as you possible can from the firm tofu. The water makes it difficult to roll the paratha.
- Scramble the tofu, add all other stuffing ingredients.
- Mix it well with hand or spatula.
- Sprinkle some flour in to the flat surface.
- Make a small ball from the dough and roll into small chapathi with a rolling pin .
- Fill the spoon full of stuffing's in the center of the chapathi and cover it with from all the ends.
- Carefully roll the stuffed ball to desired thickness to make paratha.
- Heat the griddle and cook the paratha both sides until browned. Lightly brush the oil or ghee on top of the paratha.
- Enjoy the delicious healthy tofu paratha with mint chutney or your favorite curry.
- Linking this to What's for friday dinner? , Veggie platter: Legume entry and Susan's host lineup .