Apple - 2 corsed, pealed, chopped into small chunks
Sugar - 2 tbs
Salt - 2 tbs
Water - 2 cups
For Masala :
Channa dal - 2 Tbs
Coriander seeds - 1 tbs
Oil - 1 tbs
Sesame seeds - 1/2 tbs
Jeera /Cumin - 1/2 tbs
Urad dal - 1/2 tbs
Mustard seeds - 1/2 tbs
Hing - a pinch
Clove - 2
Cashews - 4
Tamarind extract - 1/4 tbs
Red chilly - 1
Turmeric - 1/8 tbs
Coconut powder - 3 Tbs
Water 3-4 Tbs or as needed
- Cook the chopped apples with water. Add the desired amount of salt, sugar
- While it is cooking, Prepare for masala
- Add oil to pan, once it is slightly hot, add all the other masala ingredients except coconut powder and tamarind extract.
- Fry until the aroma comes out of it and all the ingredients are slightly browned or the mustard seeds starts to splatter
- Grind with coconut powder and tamarind extract with water.
- Add this ground masala to cooked apple and bring it to boil.
- Stir continuously otherwise it gets stuck to the bottom. Once it starts to bubble turn off the heat.
- Serve warm with rice or naan or roti.
You can make pineapple menaskayi or kaayi rasa aswell, it tastes amazing. While grinding just skin tamarind extract as pineapple will be slightly sour and rest of the procedure is same