The above title was today's lunch!. It is very healthy and delicious meal. I wanted to make Vighnesh and Arushi eat avocado somehow so I tried this guacamole and finally I am successful!.
Below are the recipes of the complete lunch plate. Enjoy and stay healthy.
1) Guacamole Dip :
Ingredients: Serving size 2 adults
Avocado - 1
Tomato - 1/2 finely chopped
Onion - 1 Tbs, finely chopped
Lime Juice of 1/2 lime
Tabasco sauce - 1/4 tbs or less ( optional)
- Cut the avocado in to half; lengthwise.
- Run the spoon close to the skin of avocado to remove the flesh of avocado.
- Remove the pit.
- Mash the avocado until your desired smoothness. Add the tomato and onion.
- Add the lime juice, salt and pepper and stir well.
- Keep it aside.
Fresh Salad :Chop all your favorite veggies to get your daily serving of vegetables.
I used : Thinly sliced carrots, couple of lettuce leaves, Thinly sliced red radishes, tomato and zucchini and some sprouted mung beans.
Seasoned Green Beans:Recipe is here
And Finally Mac and Cheese
- Cook pasta according to the package instruction.
- Meantime, heat butter in a pan, add the flour whisking continuously.
- Add milk and keep stirring to avoid lumps.
- Add the mustard, salt, pepper, and 1/2 cup of cheese, Mix it properly.
- Add the cooked pasta, zucchini.
- Pour this mixture into baking pan.
- Heat the oven to 350F
- Melt 1 tbs of butter and add the crumbs. mix it well until all get wet.
- Spread this over the pasta in the baking pan.
- Keep it in the lower rack and bake it for 30 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and let it cook for 5 minutes before serving.
- You can serve this pasta with pasta sauce.
Macaroni elbows pasta - 1 cup
Butter - 2 Tbs
Flour - 2 Tbs
Milk - 1 cup
Sharp cheddar cheese; shredded
Salt and pepper to taste
Yellow Mustard - 1 tbs
Grated Zucchini - 1/2 cup
Breadcrumbs - 1/2 cup
All put it together :
Our healthy lunch plate Looked like this