It was my husband's birthday and I wanted to make some delicious cake for him. I searched web for fruit cake; found some very good recipes. I followed joyofbaking way. But changed little bit and it turned out very good. My Hubby loved it..
Here is my version of tasty, healthy fruit cake
First Set :
All purpose flour - 1 cup
Salt - 1/4 tbs
Baking powder - 1 tbs
Second Set :
Butter melted - 1 cup
Sugar - 3/4 cup
Egg - 1 large
Third Set :
Dry apricot - 1/4 cup
Dry fig - 1/4 cup chopped
Chopped dates - 1/4 cup
Chopped cashews - 1/4 cup
Cardamom powder , Cinnamon powder - 1/4 tbs
Cloves - 2
chopped walnuts, pecans
Fresh apple - 1/2 chopped
Orange Juice - 1/2 cup
Orange Zest of 1 orange
Safron - few strands : infused in 1 Tbs of milk
Fourth Set : Simple and easy icing
Granulated sugar - 1 cup
Butter melted -1/2 cup
Vanilla essence - few drops
Water - 2 Tbs
Easy Steps :
- Sift together the first set of all dry ingredients in a large bowl.
- Turn on the oven to 350f
- Add sugar to the melted butter and whisk together until nice and fluffy.
- Slowly add the egg and beat nicely for 2-3 minutes.
- Add all the third set of ingredients to the butter and egg mixture while mixing nicely.
- Now add this mixture to the flour and mix them until all the dry ingredients and wet.
- Pour the mixture to cake baking tray only until 3/4 filled.
- Place it in the lower rack and bake it for 1 hour.
- Turn down the heat to 300f and bake for another 15-20 minutes until the toothpick inserted comes out nicely.
- Cool to room temperature.
- If you keep it in the cake box, nicely covered. it stays for many days.
- I couldn't do that because the cake was so good and we finished it in 1 day.
For Icing :
- Add all fourth set together in a bowl.
- You can use the hand mixer if you have.
- Start wisking slowly.
- Increase the speed and wisk for 5 minutes.
- Air will be incorporated nicely and forms a stiff icing.
- Stop wisking once it becomes very stiff.
- You can use this to write names or your wish on the cake.