Ingredients: (Serving size 2 adults)
Cream style sweet corn kernels - small tin
Onion - 1/2 cup finely chopped
Green onion(Scallions) - 2 spring
Carrots - 1/4 cup Finely chopped
Green beans - 1/4 cup chopped
Cabbage - 1 cup Shredded
Garlic- 2 cloves minced
Ginger - 1 inch piece grated
Butter - 1 tbs
Salt - to taste
Pepper - to taste
Water or Broth
Add any other vegetables of your choice - Finely chopped cauliflower is also very good option.
- Add butter to the pan, turn on the flame to medium-high
- Add garlic, ginger and onion
- Saute it until translucent
- Add the vegetables
- Add water or broth and bring it to boil.
- Add the sweet corn kernels from the tin with the liquid.
- while it is cooking, add a tbs of corn starch to 2 tbs of water in a cup.
- Dissolve the corn starch completely
- Once the vegetables are cooked half way, add the solution and mix it well.
- The soup starts to thicken, if it became too thick, add more water.
- Add salt and pepper.
- Check for consistency, add more if desired.
- Serve warm with bread. Enjoy