For some reason Vighnesh doesn't like to eat avocado. But because of it's nutrional facts, i force him to eat it. So I am trying to find different ways to eat it. I tried Dosa yesterday and he loved it and I am happy!. :)
Avocados provide nearly 20 essential nutrients, including fiber, potassium, Vitamin E, B-vitamins and folic acid. They also act as a "nutrient booster" by enabling the body to absorb more fat-soluble nutrients, such as alpha and beta-carotene and lutein, in foods that are eaten with the fruit (Source: avocado.org)
1 Avocado - de seeded
Sooji Rava (Wheat sooji) - 21/2 cups
Salt - 1 tbs or to taste
Water as needed to grind.
- Soak the rava with water for 5 minutes, Do not add excess of water.
- Grind the soaked rava with avocado to make a fine dosa batter. It is bit sticky. If needed add little more water but do not overdose.
- Add salt and mix it well.
- Let it rest for 5 minutes and ready to make dosa.
- Heat the tava or pan on a medium-high flame.
- Pour serving spoon full of batter in the center of the pan and start spreading to make dosa. The more thin you spread, the better dosa comes out. Because it will be very sticky, it will be bit difficult to turn it to other side.
- It takes some extra time to cook compared to normal dosa.
- once the raw dosa batter cooks and it is getting slightly browned, slowly turn it to other side with spatula.
- Cook for sometime.
- And serve hot with Tomato onion Junka