Milk - 1/2 gallon
Lemon Juice - 1 whole: squeezed
- Boil the milk, stirring occassionally to avoid sticking at the bottom.
- Once the milk comes to boiling point, slowly add the lemon juice while stirring contineously.
- You will start to see curdling and water is seperated.
- Turn off the heat and pour it into the cheese cloth to seperate the cheese from water, just like in the picture.
- Tie a knot and hang it to the faucet for 10-15 minutes to take out all the water. You can Squeeze off to remove water.
- Remove the knot and take out the cheese from the cheese cloth.
- Sprinkle pinch of salt over the cheese.
- Kneed well on a clean surface for 3-4 minutes and make it like a dough.
- Keep the weight on top of the dough and keep it in the refrigerator for 1 hour.
- Take the knife and cut into cubes to use it for your favorite gravy.
- I prepared Paneer mutter with this home made paneer and was very delicious.
- Enjoy the freshness of paneer.