It is very simple, follow these steps carefully:
|Butter melting in a pot|
How did I do?
Melted butter is Ghee!. It is that simple. Follow me here to understand the steps
I always used store bought ghee/ clarified butter for any curries, or for making deserts until I made decision to make my own ghee. I was not sure this will turn so good and i will be keep doing it over and over.
I use non-salted butter stick for making ghee, because salted turns salty! obviously :)
- Cube the butter stick in to 1 inch cube.
- Place all the cubed butter stick in to to the stainless steal pan
- Turn the heat to medium-high.
- Let all the cubes melt, stir occasionally.
- Turn the heat to medium.
- let it boil for 5-7 minutes or until all the white small bubbles settle down and the butter solution becomes transparent.
- keep stirring occasionally
- once the solution is transparent, carefully watch it, water like clear bubbles starts to form and you will get nice aroma. That means you are done. Just before turning the heat off sprinkle little water (be carefull! not to add much water, dip your five fingers in cold water and sprinkle them, it should be sufficient.)
- Pour it into your storing jar and let it cool in room temperature.
- Once it turns white-cream color and becomes semi liquid, cover tightly.
- Either you can store in room temperature or refrigerate them.
- Enjoy the delicious fresh home made ghee!