Corn meal - 2 cups (I used self rising white corn meal, salt and Baking powder is added already)
Milk - 1-1/2 cups
Egg - 1 or You can use Apple sauce to substitute that.
Butter - 3 Tbs, at room temperature.
Sugar - 2 Tbs
If you are not using Self rising flour then,
Baking powder - 1 tbs
Salt - 1/2 tbs
- Turn on the oven to 420F.
- Beat the egg, add butter and milk.
- Add the flour, baking powder and salt if using.
- Mix it with milk.
- Mix well to make a batter.
- Lightly brush the baking dish with butter.
- Pour the batter to the baking dish and bake it for 20-25 minutes or
- Until wooden pick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- You can use this bread for morning breakfast or for dinner with soup.
- Enjoy the homemade healthy bread.