Ingredients for Vegetable Couscous quesadilla :
Whole grain tortilla or Chapathi
Couscous - 3/4 cup
Vegetables of your choice - I used : Beans, carrot, peas, corn and green bell pepper,
Cheese - of your choice - I used: Sharp Cheddar cheese, Grated
Salt - to taste
Pepper - to taste
Olive oil - 1 Tbs
Cumin - 1 tbs
Ingredients for Tomatillo Salsa:
Tomatillos - 4, husked and rinsed
Jalapeno Chile - 1
Pepper - 1 tbs, freshly ground
Garlic - 2 cloves
Juice of 1 lime
1 tbs of Salt
Basil or cilantro - 1/2 cup roughly chopped
- Preheat the broiler, place tomatillos on cooking sheet.
- Turn tomatillos when they start to blister and blacken.
- Remove from broiler once the other side blisters, and let cool
- Remove the blackened spots.
- Grind the tomatillos , jalapeno, lime juice, salt and garlic to make chunky puree.
- Place a puree in a bowl, add chopped cilantro or basil and stir to mix.
- Cover and let stand until ready to serve.
- Cook the couscous according to the package instruction. OR check my other recipe for cooking instruction. and set aside
- Chop the vegetables.
- Heat oil in a pan, add cumin.
- Add all other vegetables and cook on a low flame until tender.
- add salt and pepper to taste.
- Now add the cooked couscous and mix well.
- Place tortilla or chapathi on the pancake pan. Turn the heat to low.
- Spread desired amount of cheese on and couscous mixture and freshly prepared tomatillo salsa.
- Spread another round of cheese if you like.
- Place another tortilla carefully over the stuffing's.
- Once the below tortilla turns brown, carefully flip to cook another side.
- Once the other side of the quesadilla turns brown, take it out from the heat.
- Run the pizza cutter in the middle of the quesadilla to divide.
- Serve warm with tomatillo salsa, sour cream and freshly shredded lettuce.