Coconut spring roll also called Honey sticks is a delicious recipe from my mom, very easy and super tasty. Authentic Havyaka Community recipe. Make a thin dosa(Crepe) stuff the stuffing's, deep fry and dip in a syrup! . I just love it. Try it yourself!
Dry Coconut Powder - 1 cups
Jaggary - 1/2 cups
Cardamom powder - 1 tbs
Wrapper: (You can use the store bought french crepes for quick and easy rolls)
Raw rice - 1 cup
Methi seeds - 1 tbs
Salt - 1 tbs or to taste
Jaggary or brown sugar - 1/2 cup
- Soak rice and methi seeds for 5-6 hours. Grind to make very thin batter.
- Let it rest for fermentation.
- Prepare the filling : Add all the fillings ingredients together and bring it boil while mixing continuously. Once the mixture is bit thickened turn off the heat.
- Prepare the Syrup : Boil syrup ingredients together on a low-medium heat, until the jaggary becomes gluey and slightly thick. Keep it aside
- Heat a pancake pan or tava on a medium-high flame.
- Pour a serving spoon full of batter in the center and spread it around to make a very thin paper like dosa. You can use thick photo matt paper cut into small rectangle. ( I use my un-used debit card! :) ) . It makes very thin pancake.
- In minute or two pancake or crepe will be ready.
- Repeat the process for rest of the batter.
- Divide the each crepe or dosa in to 2 piece.
- Fill the desired amount of filling's in to the divided crepe and roll to make a spring roll.
- Make all the spring rolls, mean time heat oil in a pan.
- Deep fry until brown.
- Place the fried spring roll in the paper towel to absorb the excessive oil.
- Drop them in the syrup bowl for 5 minutes.
- Ready to serve!.
- You can use only sugar to make spring roll filling's and syrup.
- This stays good for weeks in the refrigerator.
- If you like, you can serve this with ghee or clarified butter.
- Instead of making Rice crepe you can use the store bought french crepes