Mutter Mastani: Sweet Peas Barfi or Halwa

One of my friend 'Mala Keshav' submitted this recipe to 'Sweet Peas' event. Very unique and delicious recipe.
Mala Keshav says about herself. - "I m Mala Keshav, a homemaker with 2 kids. I like trying new recipes and experimenting it on my hubby who always encourages me and gives prompt feedback which motivates me a lot. Like watching cookery shows". I am so happy to introduce her to my blog. She will be submitting some of her delicious recipes here.

Here is the recipe:


Ingredients :

Raw or frozen green peas  1 cup
Sugar 1 cup
Khowa or condensed milk - ~1 cup

Ghee or Clarified Butter  - 4 Tbs
Dry fruits of your choice
Elaichi or Cardamom powder


Method of preparation :

1. Cook green peas in a vessel till soft. While cooking add a spoon of sugar (to make it's colour remain green)
2. Strain the water n add cooked green peas in blender and make a fine paste
3. In a pan put ghee,  add some dry fruits of your choice, and then add the blended paste, stir till water evaporates.
4. When it's half way done add khowa or condensed milk, 2-3 spoons of ghee, sugar and keep stirring until it forms like a ball
5. In a plate smear ghee and put the green ball and pat to spread it evenly. Cut it in to desired shapes.

6. Serve at room temperature.
7. Enjoy.
Print Friendly and PDF
Share/Bookmark

No comments: