Mulka also called suttevu. Back home, they make it with banana, here i used the combination of banana and pear. Came out very good. Try it out and enjoy
Rice flour - ~11/2 cup
Banana - 1 big
Pear - 1 pealed, boiled, pureed
Salt - 1/8 tbs
Sugar/ Brown sugar - 3-4 tbs ( add per your taste bud)
Cardamom - 1/4 tbs
Oil for deep frying
- Mash the banana and pear or blend banana and pear in a food processor to make a smooth puree
- Add all the other ingredients and mix well.
- It should be like idli batter consistency, not too thin, nor too solid paste.
- Keep it aside for 5-10 minutes, covered.
- Heat an oil in a pan
- Place a spoonful of batter for deep frying
- Fry all sides until brown
You can use only banana if you prefer and skip pear.