Pasta


Whenever I go to groceries shop here, I used to look at pasta packets. I was pretty impressed by the different shapes, types of these pastas. But I wasn't purchasing it because I didn’t know how to prepare pasta. One of my friend laksh cooks western style food very well. I asked her and she taught me very well. Now I cook pasta very often. Once in a week Italian dishes will be there at my home. Thanks laksh :)

Ingredients:
  • pasta - 1/4 packet
  • brinjal chopped - 1 cup
  • tomato - 1/4 cup
  • black pepper - 1 tbs
  • all flour or rice flour - 2 tbs
  • Italian seasoning - 1 tbs
  • milk - 3/4 cup
  • cheese - 1 tbs
  • salt
  • oil


Cook the pasta as per the direction given in the packet (put pasta to the boiled water and cook for 15 minutes. Add salt for the taste). Mean while cook brinjal separately, add little salt for the taste and keep it aside. Now in the thick based vessel, add the oil or spray the oil. Keep on top of low flamed stove. Add the flour to the oil and stir well for 1 minute or until oil absorbs flour and becomes like dough. Now add milk and stir well until it becomes semi solid. It will take hardly 2 - 3 minutes. Put the cooked brinjal, tomato and black pepper to the semi solid milk and mix well. Now add the cooked pasta to it and mix well. Add Italian seasoning and mix well. Keep it on the stove for 2 minutes. Keep mixing it and see to it that it will not stick to the base. Turn it of the stove. Keep it in the fridge for an hour and serve cold with the Italian sauce. Some people like hot pasta. You can have hot also. Both will be simply amazing. Taste both!

Note: If you like mushroom, you can do this with mushroom also. I don't do it because i don't like it. But laksh told me that mushroom pasta tastes yummy

Print Friendly and PDF
Share/Bookmark

No comments: